Structural Audit & Structural Stability Certification
According to Government regulations, all factories and residential societies are expected to carry out Structural Audit and obtain a Structural Stability Certificate from a chartered civil engineer, every 5 years. We are the competent authority to provide such certification. We offer services including detailed inspection, assessing the strengths & weakness of the structure, conducting NDT, preparing repair / rehabilitation scheme, monitoring repair work.
The structural stability is affected by number of reasons such as Aging, Construction Quality, Exposure condition, External forces etc.
The Structural Audit is a process of assessing the present health of structure, identifying the loads & forces acting on the structure, identifying the effects of these loads and forces and finally assessing the stability & safety of the structure to withstand for its remaining life.
If the structural audits are carried out on regular intervals of @ 5 years, it helps to identify the problems in the initial stage. After structural audit, If the required repairs / Rehabilitation and preventive maintenance is carried out regularly, it substantially reduces the overall maintenance / repair cost of the structure. Stitch in time saves nine
The Structural Audit is carried out mainly for -
- As a statutory requirement –
- After every 5 years as per Inspector of factories
- After 30 years at every 5 years as per Municipal Act
- After 15 years at every 5 years and after 30 years at every 3 years as per Co-operative society Act
- For Insurance
- For Bank – Mortgage
- For Valuation
- Structure showing Distress
- Proposed Additions, Alterations, Extensions in building / structure
- For Damage assessment due to earthquake, fire, blast, vibration, corrosion etc.
Our Structural Audit Services include –
Part A – Visual Survey –
- Visual inspection of individual building / structures from inside and outside and to study present status of different structural members.
- Study of Architectural / RCC / Structural drawings ( If available )
- Photographic Survey
- Noting various observations such as
- Load transfer system,
- Structural framing system,
- Structural deficiencies
- Settlement if any,
- Cracks in RCC members,
- Cracks in masonry / plaster,
- Loads on structure,
- Defects in non structural elements etc.
- Identification of broad areas / locations in the structure requiring further detail investigation and for conducting various ND Tests
Part B – Non Destructive Evaluation –
- To Conduct Non Destructive tests as required in detail visual survey
Part C – Repair & Rehabilitation Consultancy
- To prepare detail report of visual inspection & various ND tests
- Interpretation of ND test results.
- Diagnosis & Root cause analysis of the problems / observations
- To prepare Repair & Rehabilitation scheme to make structure durable , healthy and to stand for a long life.
- Prepare technical specifications & draft tender document for repair and rehabilitation.
- Prepare detail estimate for the same.
- Scrutinize the tender documents.
- Periodically visits to inspect the work
- Issue Structural Stability Certification after completion of entire job.